Rabbiting on

Rabbits are on my mind.  Hares too.  Searching for myths and legends I have much leaping and running going on in my head.




















Illustrations swirl around, bounding with hints of ancients and I'm drawn to scour away the surface of modern reasoning trying to reveal something of a shared subconscious memory of the past.  I hope my results will live up to my imaginings...

Trying to get a handle on drawing again.  "Use it, don't loose it" is definitely the operative phrase here.   The wet is spoiling the autumn leaves so I must make more definite time slots to capture the colour whilst it's still here.


We're meant to have a longer, more defined autumnal season compared to Canada and America, but it can easily slip by.


3 comments:

sharon young said...

Beautiful sketch and your photo of the trees is very atmospheric. Looking forward to seeing more of your ideas as you work through your intriguing thought processes.

Helen said...

Thanks Sharon!

Julie said...

Your hare looks ready to hop off :-) Beautiful drawing! I have been looking back over your last few posts and enjoying your paintings. It's been years since I did any painting, you make me think I should pick up the brush again. Sketching was never my strong point either so I can appreciate your needing to go right in with the paint. You're right about the buzz having gone out of blogging, quicker forms of social media have taken over. I still keep mine up but am not very good at remembering to use it so the posts are a bit sporadic.